Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Brain Blurbs and Singing

Happy hump day!

Tomorrow is my Friday - as it always is. I'm especially looking forward to this weekend as we'll be going away to celebrate my birthday :) My in-laws booked us all a cabin about 2.5 hours away from LA in a sort of remote area at the base of a mountain! There's a lake and some fun local activities to take part in. I just looked at the weather today, and it seems that it'll be storming tomorrow evening (with lightning) which will then carry through Saturday. To be honest, I LOVE the rain. It'll be so lovely to be in the woods listening to the sound of rain - such a difference from the street sounds and dry weather here in LA (which is particularly bad since CA is in a drought).

This week has already been pretty successful!

Seedling report: The cucumbers we planted are showing signs of growth, as are the radishes, and the cat grass (for the kittens). Still waiting on signs of life from the string beans, lettuce and tomatoes. I know it's only been a few days, but I am already so excited that there're signs of growth!
 ** I've been watering these seeds with the water I've recycled from Wurtle's "bath." Wurtle occasionally takes a leisurely swim in the tub (merely inches of water) and so far I've gotten 3 watering sessions out of it. I added to the tub water yesterday while I let the sink run to get warm to wash my face - so I'll continue to use and re-purpose the water. Plus, it's almost time for another turtle bath.


Rehearsals: Had another rehearsal last night with my amazing bestie French Horn player! We are gearing up for a few recitals. Music is so fun, especially when working with someone of a similar mindset. I found that I needed a couple of takes to really start listening and hearing how the horn worked with the piano part (it certainly helped that our gentlemen went to prepare dinner - so their chatter was minimized). Yes - we are so lucky! I can't wait to see how these pieces develop!

Teaching: My students this week have been so prepared! They're getting ready for next week's evaluation, so they're starting to develop more of a personal connection to their pieces. I can't believe some of the progress they've made this term. So proud!

Self-Improvement: Haven't made time to meditate yet this week...now that I've written that, I'm making a note to do that immediately after I finish this. I also need to get to the gym. It will happen! Tomorrow!!! I've made a goal to post twice this week - so I'm making progress in that sense right now :)

Now - here's a video I recorded today during my 2 hour break transitioning from my early classes to my night class. I realized, after the fact, that I am pretty much wearing exactly the same thing as I was last time I made a video. Oh well! Don't mind the incredibly creaky bench in the beginning!!


Del Cabello Mas Sutil
Obradors

Of the softest hair
which you have in your braid,
I would make a chain
so that I may bring you to my side. 
A jug in your home,
little one, I would like to be...
each time you take a drink.
so that I may kiss you



1 comment:

  1. I hope you have a glorious and relaxing birthday! Take a moment and realize what a whirlwind this year has been-your first birthday as a wife, working in your field, spending time with friends-it's probably a lot you'd hoped for yourself. You work so hard and deserve many more love-filled trips around the sun!

    (@/

    ReplyDelete